It’s Back to School time, but we’re skipping it.
Most public school kids that I know have already started school for the year, or will definitely be in school by next week. Even my college-age siblings are starting school next week. We are not. Why, you ask? Read my top five reasons below!
Who knows, I may convince you to start your homeschool late this year.
1. Teaching school in August is no fun: I don’t like teaching when it is over 95 degrees outside. It rarely falls below 95 degrees in August here in
2. Summers are too short: I feel like children should get as long of a summer as they can. This year, we stopped school by mid-May. There is time enough to spend your life in work/school when you get older.
3. School supplies are cheaper: After school starts, the price of school supplies drops drastically! I love a good bargain. 🙂
4. Vacations are easier: Summer vacations are better when there are fewer people out and about. In 2010, we took our summer vacation in September. It was amazing.
5. Not Back to School parties: Have you heard of Not Back to School parties? I don’t know why, but I had never heard about them until this year. This is a day when homechoolers celebrate the fact that they do not have to return to a traditional school routine when public school starts! I want to throw one now.
This year in particular, I am just not ready to start school yet. I don’t know if it is because Bo is around now, or the fact that I couldn’t decide on what 2nd grade curriculum to try until recently, but I just don’t want to dive back in yet. In fact, we haven’t even ordered the rest of Monkey’s school yet. Of course, we eventually will start school. I’m thinking probably around mid-September.
I want to be able to approach school with a fresh mind and a clear desire to do so! I believe that is one of the keys to a successful school year.
When do you go back to school? Or have you started already?