This post may contain affiliate links. View the full disclosure statement for more details. Sign up for the Schooling a Monkey newsletter to gain access to more hands-on activity ideas!
*This is part 2 in the Vintage Tea Party series. Go here for part 1: The Planning Stage.*
My favorite part of any party is the food. I am a food addict and I love finding new things to make and eat. A party is a chance for me to try out new things and not feel guilty about throwing out half of whatever I make.
For the tea party, I had a few criteria for the recipes. I wanted them to fit in with my goals, which were:
- Easy to prepare
- Kid-friendly (for the most part)
- Classic tea foods
The tea party spread.
- Coffee brownie cookies
- Iced sponge cake squares
- Fruit snacks
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- Strawberry-lemonade cookies
- Turkey sandwiches (for children)
- Artichoke sandwiches (for adults)
- Strawberry lemonade
- Fruit water
|An assortment of teas. In the pitchers, sugar cubes and cream.|
- Assorted tea (peppermint- a favorite with the kids, strawberry, peach)