This post may contain affiliate links. View the full disclosure statement for more details. Sign up for the Schooling a Monkey newsletter to gain access to more hands-on activity ideas!
How to Eat Well with an Empty Fridge and Pantry
- Broth (usually beef or chicken)
- Canned or frozen vegetables
- Canned or frozen meat
|Our pantry, right at this moment. I see oatmeal for breakfast, ranch and veggies |
for lunch, and bran muffins and beans and rice for supper!
Look at What You Have
- Shrimp vegetable soup
- Shrimp and a sauce on rice
- Shrimp and a sauce on noodles
Multiple Small Items Equal a Larger Item
|You may be surprised how lemon can become the star of a dish. |
Photo by Matthew098 on Wikimedia Commons.
Spice Things Up
Don’t Forget Leftovers
Add a Sauce
- Milk or cream (for creamy sauces)
- A strong flavor (like curry, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, molasses, mustard, or pineapple juice)
- Herbs for flavoring
Making the Most of an Empty Pantry and Fridge
What do you eat when you need to make a grocery trip?
Join the Homeschooling 101 group for more hands-on teaching ideas!