I’m glad you stopped by! We love sharing our homeschooling tips and craft ideas with you. This post may contain affiliate links. View the full disclosure statement for more details. Sign up for the Schooling a Monkey newsletter to gain access to even more homeschooling and craft ideas!
How to Eat Well with an Empty Fridge and Pantry
- Broth (usually beef or chicken)
- Canned or frozen vegetables
- Canned or frozen meat
|Our pantry, right at this moment. I see oatmeal for breakfast, ranch and veggies |
for lunch, and bran muffins and beans and rice for supper!
Look at What You Have
- Shrimp vegetable soup
- Shrimp and a sauce on rice
- Shrimp and a sauce on noodles
Multiple Small Items Equal a Larger Item
|You may be surprised how lemon can become the star of a dish. |
Photo by Matthew098 on Wikimedia Commons.
Spice Things Up
Don’t Forget Leftovers
Add a Sauce
- Milk or cream (for creamy sauces)
- A strong flavor (like curry, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, molasses, mustard, or pineapple juice)
- Herbs for flavoring
Making the Most of an Empty Pantry and Fridge
What do you eat when you need to make a grocery trip?
Did you love this post? Share it with a friend!
Get the printable activity list!
Join the Homeschooling 101 group for more homeschool encouragement!