*This post is part of the series Cloth Diaper Saga. Find the other posts in the series, here!*
I recently purchased 2 of the Itti Bitti D’lish diapers (Papaya and Seafoam)- made in Australia, of all places. It is different than most other cloth diapers for several reason.
1. It is designed as a trim diaper, and fits closely to the body- eliminating bulk.
2. It has the softest exterior I have ever felt.
3. It uses snap in liners, that are tiny and look somewhat like a maxi-pad, but are surprisingly absorbent.
4. The shell is reusable like the shell used with fitted diapers or prefolds.
I really love this diaper. It is one of my favorites to use with Bo. While I cover up most other diapers with pants or bloomers, I often let Bo wear the D’lish without any cover because of its softness.*****************
What I Like Best about the Itti Bitti D’lish
|The two D’lish diapers that Bo has.|
- It is super soft.
- It is easy to use.
- It fits under all of Bo’s clothes.
- It feels extremely well made.
- Covers and inserts are sold separately, so you can purchase as many inserts as you want to extend the life of the shells.
What I Like Least about the Itti Bitti D’lish
- The covers and inserts are sized. When Bo outgrows the medium size, I will have to purchase all-new covers and inserts.
- Sizing seems to run small. The Itti Bitti website says that the medium should fit until Bo is 26 pounds, but she is only around 18 pounds now, and it seems a little snug already.
- Sizing may be inconsistent. One of the mediums that I bought seems smaller than the other.
How Does the Itti Bitti D’lish Perform?
On Bo, the D’lish will last about 3 hours before it starts to leak. This is with either the thicker trifolded insert or with the mini booster attached. With just the single-layer insert, it would probably be a two-hour diaper.
Although the D’lish fits more like underwear than a diaper, we have never had any poopy leaks. A few times I have seen a bit of yellow at the leg holes, but nothing has completely escaped.
Have you tried the Itti Bitti D’lish diaper? What were your experiences?