This post may contain affiliate links. View the full disclosure statement for more details. Sign up for the Schooling a Monkey newsletter to gain access to more hands-on activity ideas!
I Am a Bunny Unit Study: Younger Kids
- What do you wear in each season?
- Is winter hot or cold?
- What grows in each season?
- Why does weather change?
- What are the benefits to changing weather?
- What do different temperatures feel like?
I Am a Bunny Unit Study: Older Kids
Seasonal Plants Native to Texas
Seasonal Bugs Native to Texas
Additional Naturalist Resources
- Plant Secrets
- Texas Wildflowers
- Wildflowers, Blooms & Blossoms
- Seasons of the Year
- The Best Book of Bugs
Further Ideas for Exploration
- Learn the life cycle of a tree.
- Explore the life cycle of rabbits.
- Explore the life cycle of butterflies.
- Learn how to predict weather patterns.
- Grow a garden (for a year-long study on plants).
- Make a seasonal craft collage.
- Explore the art style of Richard Scarry.
- Explore the history of weather tracking.
- Who was Richard Scarry?
- Who was Ole Risom?
- Study traditional clothing of people living in different climates.
- Explore regional differences in seasons and weather.
- Explore how different temperatures produce different crops.
- Learn how to convert various temperature measurements.
- Count the leaves/butterflies/dandelions on each page.
- Estimate how many leaves a tree has.
- Learn how to spell weather and season-related words.
- Write a paragraph or paper about a favorite season or holiday.
More Unit Study Ideas
Join the Homeschooling 101 group for more hands-on teaching ideas!