This post may contain affiliate links. View the full disclosure statement for more details. Sign up for the Schooling a Monkey newsletter to gain access to more hands-on activity ideas!
What is Homeschool Burnout?
Feeling Blue or Depressed
Lack of Focus
Struggling with Everything
Homeschool Burnout: Continue or Quit?
A Personal Example
- She was done. She knew she would never have the energy to give them the best education at home
- She wanted them to have the experiences that they couldn’t get at home (we lived in a small town and didn’t have a homeschool group that offered much for older kids)
- She wanted to maintain a good relationship with them (their school had become a strain on their relationship)
- She wanted them to be able to get into college easily
- She wanted to go back to full-time outside-the-home work
- Bad attitudes
- Lack of focus and attention problems
- Children behind in school
- Dissatisfaction with curriculum
- General grumpiness
- Life changes
- Schedule issues
- Learning difficulties
- Backlash from individuals who dislike homeschooling
Deciding to Continue or Quit
Other Posts in the Beat Burnout series:
Join the Homeschooling 101 group for more hands-on teaching ideas!