|This room is clean by Bo's standards.|
These days, Bo is less of a baby and more of a toddler. I don't like to admit that the baby is mostly gone, but she is definitely getting close to leaving!
Bo reminds me of one of my brothers when he was a baby/toddler. Both of them are little destruction machines and mess-makers (my brother earned himself the nickname of Terminator). Bo gets into everything. Seriously everything.
When Monkey was a baby, she really never got into things, and I never had to worry about her eating bathroom cleaners, for example.
Bo, on the other hand, is a constant tornado. Her regular activities include:
- Taking all the books off the bookshelf
- Taking all the shoes off the shoe shelf
- Emptying all the low cabinets (the cleaning supplies have long since moved to higher ground)
- Sprinkling crumbs around the house
- Leaving half-eaten fruit in corners
- Dumping small objects into Josh's guitar
- Digging in the trash for something "tasty" to eat
- Chewing earbuds
- Chewing Nerf darts
- Emptying my purse
- Emptying the laundry baskets
- Climbing onto every surface in the house
- Turning off my computer while I am working
- "Cleaning" every surface in the house by knocking it on the floor
- Pulling every toy off of every shelf she can reach
- Trailing q-tips throughout the house
- Climbing onto stools and ladders
|Oh yes, she also climbed in the dryer. We are very careful to keep the laundry room door closed now!|
She requires almost constant attention and certainly keeps Monkey, Josh, and I busy. But we love our little tornado and certainly wouldn't want to trade her!
Actually, it's pretty entertaining to see what she puts in Josh's guitar. So far, she has put a pacifier, wrapped tampon, uneaten food, blocks, buttons, a straw, trash, and a lot of other things that fit in the 3-inch hole.
It is nearly impossible to work when Bo is awake, so Monkey and I have had to adjust our schedule to work/do school when Bo is asleep. Luckily, she still takes 2 naps a day. Maybe when she only takes one nap she won't be quite so mischievous.
|Only time for art when Bo is napping.|